Welcome to another edition of Tempt My Tummy Tuesday’s blog carnival hosted by At The Well. Here is a quick and tasty pasta recipe. It is simple and will go great with many different vegetables dishes. Remember to share your own recipe with us by linking to this blog carnival.
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces shredded fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- While spaghetti cooking, melt butter in a large saucepan. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in cream. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat, stir in cheeses until melted.
- Drain spaghetti. Toss with cheese sauce and parsley.
Doesn’t this sound great? I love it because it is a kid-friendly meal, as well as something you can serve when company is over for dinner. For other variations, you can add broccoli or peas to the dish. Why not serve it with grilled chicken? The dish is so versatile. The options are endless.
(photo credit: istockphoto.com)
Share your recipe below!