I have to be honest. I have never been a big grits fan. They were bland and boring. But I did not understand. Those grits were just waiting for someone to give them a kick, add some seasonings, or find the right combination of flavors to make them a dish worth bragging about. This recipe made me a convert. I hope you and your family will agree.
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup quick- cooking grits
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexican style corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring milk and 1/2 cup butter to a boil. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs. Stir in small amount of hot grits into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Melt remaining butter; stir into grits. Add the corn, chilies, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Do you have a food you never liked until that perfect recipe came along?
Remember to link your recipe to our blog carnival!