It is springtime, and I have several brunches and ladies’ luncheons scheduled at my church in the near future. How about you? As the hostess for our MOPS organization, and an active member of the ladies’ group, I will be helping with these meals. Today I found this recipe for Pasta Primavera Salad.
I think it will be perfect for either one of these upcoming events. I wanted to share the recipe, since many of you may have similar upcoming events – a brunch, luncheon, tea party, wedding, or baby shower? I hope this recipe can be helpful.
Pasta Primavera Salad:
- 1 lb broccoli crowns
- 1 (16oz) pkg bowtie pasta, uncooked
- Vinaigrette (either purchased or homemade – see recipe below)
- 3 oz fresh baby spinach, washed and dried
- 1 lb smoked turkey breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (or grape)
- 1/4 c fresh parsley
- 1/3 c pine nuts, toasted
- In a large stockpot, cook broccoli crowns in boiling water until bright green. Remove broccoli from water, reserving cooking water, and plunge broccoli into iced water to stop cooking. Drain cold water.
- Using same cooking water, prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water, and drain again.
- Combine pasta and vinaigrette, tossing to coat. Add all remaining ingredients, gently tossing to mix.
- 2/3 c vegetable oil
- 1/4 c white wine vinegar
- 1/4 c water
- 2 Tbsp basil pesto
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Combine all ingredients in a jar. Cover tightly, and shake vigorously. Serve pasta salad with a crunchy French bread.
Thanks for stopping by At The Well. We hope you will share your recipe and link up with us.